The Aldrich’s $20 Meal for Two
Steak with all the Fixin’s!
(caveat: no bread or salad)
- ¼ lb brown mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 package Ronzoni Angel Hair pasta
- ½ lb Tri-tip steaks
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced then slices quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 lb organic whole tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbls butter
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese or Stella Freshly Shredded Three Cheese Italian Blend
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- This quick and simple meal is all about timing. Once the ingredients are prepped, bring a large pot of well-salted water to boil. Melt the butter in a non-stick large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, sauté for five minutes or until they start to brown.
- While the mushrooms are sautéing, heat a cast iron to medium-high. Once hot, add a teaspoon of a neutral oil suitable for high-temp cooking, such as canola. Then add the steaks. Cook for 3 ½ – 5 minutes per side, depending on doneness preference.
- Add the zucchini to the mushrooms after you turn the steaks over.
- Drop the angel hair pasta into the boiling water. The pasta will take just minutes to cook, so watch this carefully and don’t overcook.
- Add the garlic to the zucchini and mushrooms and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Remove the steaks from the heat. Set aside to rest for a few minutes while you prepare the pasta and vegetables.
- Drain the pasta, toss in a serving bowl with the sautéed vegetables and fresh, diced tomatoes and ¼ cup of grated cheese.
- Place steaks on plates, dish out pasta on the side, salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle remaining cheese over everything.
- Serve with an Italian Chianti or a Washington grown and produced Sangiovese.
Download or Print